A new home for Befur
There is going to be something of a pause in the building – we have decided to move house, and so the workshop is getting packed up and relocated too… the nice news is that the new workshop is almost 1,000sq ft, and will have room both for the machine shop and a boat building section (and room for the bikes!).
We will have 3-phase, a machine-shop, hobby space, and room for the boat.
The real work starts this weekend with about 10 cubic meters of concrete to lay for the floor, and then stud-walls to build.
Hopefully this will go smoothly, and I am blagging the borrow of a friend’s Wagon/Hiab to move the machinery.
Some work on the layout resulted in this floor plan, which I think will mean we are well set to progress, and means we will be building Befur under good cover!
The concrete and friends arrived, and with very little work we managed to lay a beautiful new floor – thank you everyone!
a further update….
May-day bank holiday, and the concrete had dried enough to have started moving some stuff in, lay the plates for the bottom of the stud walls, and complete replacement of the roof! (with just two of us, and no youths to help!)
4 days of SERIOUS graft, and the job is done! Muscles recovering (with help of Ibuprofen) from lifting 32 sheets up on to the roof, while Graham did his gibbon impression leaping amonght the rafters removing old and securing new sheets – thankyou Graham (and to the girls for regular sustenance)!
Next Step is the completion of the walls, painting of the floors, installation of the electrics and then move the heavy machinery! (all before we have to move out of the house … I think we have about 6 weeks!)