After an extended break since the Windermere jaunt, rebuilding of the burner and visiting friends and family; we finally got Befur launched and back on her mooring on Ullswater on Thursday.
It was a rather windy day, so while we picked up the buoy on the first attempt, it took 30 minutes of straining/swearing and all-round-bad temper before we managed to get the lines back on-board.
So, we are now waiting for the weather to improve (torrential rain and thunder right now).
…..back in the workshop
Meanwhile we are starting to get serious about building and fitting the mast, to provide the fall-back propulsion in the event of further problems with the steam plan, and to provide some more “entertainment”.