I’m falling behind! No progress update since January – sorry.
We have been working hard to get her ready for re-entering the water… This winter’s workslist has turned into quite a major refit.
The list below shows the work we are undertaking, and all is completed except installing the engine and the work on mast and rigging.
- Varnish anchor chocks
- Varnish side decks and tiller
- Fill & re-paint the various dings & dents in paint work
- Check / remake lower rudder pintle
- Re-coat antifoul
- Adjust masthead block locations
- Inspect/fix paint bubbles at waterline
- Complete inspection and maintenance of engine
Engine & Boiler
- Remove Worthing Simpson duplex circulating pump.
- Fit new Jabsco circulating pump.
- Fit Alfa-Laval plate condenser.
- Calibrate Vac gauge.
- Make new LP Valve to fix timing.
- Remake HP valve to fix timing and cure leaks.
- Reset eccentrics, to fix timing.
- Cross-head re-fit to correct clearances.
- Re-furbish feed-pump seals & slow gearing.
- Replace & improve scotch-crank pump drive.
- Improve & tidy feed-pump plumbing.
- Replace boiler clacks. (inspect and paint boiler drum internals).
- Inspect and refit Air Pump piston & seal.
- Install ancillary steam lines & valves for ejector, whistle, re-heater & kettle
- Make improved oil filters for hotwell.
- Add secondary battery and split charge relay
- Install wiring for the circulating pump with fuse and switching from driving position.
- Add electrical noise filter for NASA depth sounder.
Hull & Sail
- Install a new bulkhead on starboard side.
- Make & fit Windermere Kettle to condenser brackets.
- Add a Tack Line and cabin rood fixing.
- Tidy Tack Parrel.
- Fit Windex to masthead.
- Adjust ballast towards the stern.
- Fit guard around compass.
- Fit Cam Cleat for sheets.
- Improve sheetlet attachment to battens.