Burner Fixes

Just a quick note to record the changes we made to the burner, following the failures on Windermere and Ullswater.

The conclusion was that these failures were mostly heat related. But also we fitted three new control boxes to the burner before we found one that worked!!…

The solutions were:

  • Fit a heat absorbing blanket to the outside of the boiler casing to reduce the radiated heat impacting the burner.
  • Fit an external duct to cause the intake air to be drawn via the control-box and ignition transformer assemblies (to help cool them)
  • Strip and rebuild the burner, fitting new magic eye, solenoid, control box, ignition transformer, motor capacitor and a somewhat worn pump drive coupling.

As noted in an earlier post, this seems to have done the job, so here are some pictures:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.